Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Flavour of The Day with Noora

Two- Year-Olds!

Life with Yousef is becoming pretty difficult. My little innocent boy has turned into a bundle of defiance. The answer to anything I tell him or ask him to do is "no". Put your shoes on, no. Let's wash your hands, no. It's time for a shower, no. Bedtime, no. Whatever it is, he has to refuse. And when things don't happen his way, he cries and screams. Another new habit which is making me want to scream.

It's so annoying and embarrassing when he does it in public. I don't know if it is a reaction to preschool, jealousy from Mona who is just starting to interact and be playful, or the "terrible twos", but this cannot be his real personality! He was so cute, obedient and well mannered.

What do I do? Ignore it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is just temporary if parents are consistant in not accepting such behavior. Usually children find this behavior rewarding, and gets them what they want, which encourages them to continue doing it...

Reem said...

i totally agree with anonymous
ahmad is into this phase too when he does one of these things i just walk away or look away & not pay any atention to him. ofcourse when he does something wrong i say firmly & quietly that this is wrong im hoping after the 10 billion time it will regestire, im anti hitting the child for it thought cause it only teaches them that its ok to hit they are still too young to understand what they are being hit for
thats just me though almost every one i know disagrees with me LOL