BEAT THE SUMMER HEAT!
|Looking for ways to ride out the heat wave?|
- Drink plenty of lukewarm or cool water (not ice-cold). I carry a large enough handbag to fit my water bottle and never leave home without water bottles for my kids. Go Sport has a variety of trendy water bottles.
- Known for its nutritious value and refreshing properties, watermelon juice is the best way to beat the summer heat. Check out Family Flavours magazine (August 2015) for a super easy Fresh ‘n Sweet recipe!
- Homemade fruit pops are so simple to make and contain way less sugar and calories than store-bought popsicles. Mix unsweetened fruit juice with fruit chunks. Pour into ice cube trays, add wooden sticks and freeze!
- Cucumber’s especially high water content makes it a perfect summer veggie. We mix sliced cucumber with yoghurt, lemon and mint.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing of a light colour. Cotton clothing will keep you cooler than many synthetics. Always check the labels, especially on kids’ clothing, including underwear and socks, to make sure they’re 100% cotton.
- Avène Thermal Spring Water hydrates, soothes, softens and calms skin. You’ll find it at Pharmacy One and other pharmacies. Simply spray onto your skin in a fine mist!