Sunday, October 20, 2013

Flavour of the Day with Noora

The Unknown Sacrifices 


How many times have you asked yourself, did my parents really sacrifice as much for me as I am sacrificing for my kids? 

For some reason, many of us find it hard to comprehend that our parents did in fact go through "all this parenting", and maybe even more. I think it puts some guilt on our shoulders knowing that we made their lives harder, and it raises our expectations from ourselves to pay them back with kindness, closeness, and obedience now that we are older. 

Throughout the day, 99% of the decisions I make revolve around my kids, whether I like it or not. When I wake up, when I go to sleep, what I do for entertainment, what I cook, what kind of job I can take and the list just goes on. 

At times, I feel it is too much, and in many cases, I childishly cry because I couldn't go after what I wanted. At other times, when my kids are having a good day, I feel very content and proud of every decision I have made. 

Whatever I am feeling, I just remind myself that mama-hood is a job at the end of the day, the more I invest the right kind of effort, the more it will pay off in the end. 

2 comments:

Reem said...

i know it sounds cheesy & u have every right to not believe me because i say this like every single time...but really i was just talking about that exact thing with my sister over whatsapp, i hang up with her check my blog to see ur post on my reading list...
i just have one question....if mommyhood is a job shouldn't we take days off??? where are those i neeeed those LOL
http://omouma.blogspot.com

Flavour of the Day with Laura Haddad said...

Hi Reem, I want days off too!! I was just telling my husband that I would really love to take the weekend off and go to a hotel, JUST ME, feeling bored due to lack of responsibility.

Do you think we will ever get them? I mean really get worry-free days?!