Sunday, January 26, 2014

Flavour Of The Day With Noora

Mamas Can't Have Everything They Want!

One of the most challenging things to any person is acceptance. Accepting change, accepting difficulty, accepting unfairness, and even accepting happiness.

Personally, I am trying to accept that I am not, in any way, an iron woman that can do everything for everyone. It is the mama curse that makes us mamas want to be amazing chefs, hosts, parents, be in great shape, take our kids to all the after school- activities, never miss a birthday, have a fridge full of healthy snacks, prepare a hearty home-cooked meal every day, have a neat and tidy house, and still have energy at night to meet up with my friends who are always blaming me for being too busy.

And just as I tell my kids, "a person can never have everything he wants," I too must get rid of this adult tantrum I seem to have fallen into and dissect my life. I must decide what is right and wrong, what is crucial and what isn't, and most importantly, realising that all this, is having the adverse effect of why I was doing it in the first place.

I used to blame my son for being a perfectionist and getting frustrated easily but I realised that he was just doing what I was teaching him by example.

If you are a mama, remind yourself that your kids most probably don't care about the tiny things you are obsessing about. Rather, they care about having their parents, stress-free, around.  

1 comment:

Reem said...

so true...applause