Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Flavour Of The Day With Noora

Renovation Madness

If you ever needed to get any work done on your house, I am sure you will totally relate to what I am about to write about.


About 2 years, ago my husband and I moved into our home, we loved it and were so thrilled about every inch in it.


I was so excited to start the decoration phase. The only image I had in my mind was that of the movies' when a couple first moves into their new house, the furniture gets delivered on time by happy workers, the woman joyfully points to where everything goes and finally, the couple sits on the couch hand in hand, admiring their ever so perfect house.



Boy was I wrong! I decided to start with the paint; all I needed to get done was paint the guest room, living room and the stairway. It has been a painful 5 months!


So far, the painter has needed to go to the hospital twice to get shots because of his nasty flu (which seems to magically disappear in a day), kept me waiting for several days without answering his phone, painted uneven lines (part of the design) and tried to convince me it’s just the lighting, and ruined his own paint job when he moved the ladder.


To top it all off, we discovered a mold problem that ruined an entire side of the room and its fresh paint job, something the workers found very funny!


Picture-perfect image shattered...


Here I am, writing this post, waiting for this to be finally over.


Wish me luck!

No comments: