Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Flavour Of The Day With Noora


My entire family (from my husband’s side) is planning our family vacation next summer. A total of about 15 people! Our vacations are known to be somewhat hectic, with so many people and so many different plans. The trip is scheduled to last for a week, visiting different locations.


In the beginning, it sounded perfect and I couldn’t wait! However, as my husband and I were discussing it, the inevitable question arose, will we take our then to be one-and-a-half year-old baby?


While this may sound silly to many, I am really having a difficult time making this decision. I have never been away from my baby for more than 4 hours, and the thought of leaving him for a week seems so scary. My heart races just thinking about it!


Of course, he will be under the care of my mother so the worry is not who I will leave him with but, how will I leave him?


The idea of travelling alone came from the crazy schedule, early departures and late night outings.”It will be better for him not to get dragged into all that,” my friends say. While I would really appreciate some “me” time, this seems like too much. I am really clueless as to what I should do and I need to decide as soon as possible.


Have you ever travelled without your baby? How was it?


Help!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Going on vacation is fun without thinking that you have some responsibilities left behind. I think that your Mom can take care of your 1 1/2 year old boy. You can check him from time to time by making a short phone call. At first it's difficult to let go but you must try to be courageous enough because there are circumstances in life that we have to attend to something important alone by ourselves.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes mommys need a break! Your mom brought you up and Im sure your mom did a great job of it, as I am sure she will do just as much a great job of looking after your baby. Think of it as a healthy break for you and your husband. These types of breaks are far and few and before you know it your baby will start school and this type of holiday will be rare until your baby becomes 21! So take the opportunity. Besides, a week flies by so quickly. Enjoy the trip

Noora said...

Thank you everyone for your comments, seems I have to be brave and just do it! After all, spending some time away with my husband really does sound amazing!

Thanks for the push.

Anonymous said...

travelling without baby is WONDERFUL!.. i love my babies but i need to wake up when i want , sleep when i want, read a book and go for walks and most importantly i need to be the center of my hubbies life and visa versa if only for a week..
i miss them a lot and think of them often when i'm away but i know that they are happy and enjoying time with their grandparents..plus i think it is good for them to be away from us too.