Friday, May 25, 2012

Flavour of The Day with Noora

Girl's Night Out

One of my very best friends, who is doing her Masters in the UK, has come for a very brief vacation. Yesterday, a bunch of us went out for dinner to celebrate. I had been having a really rough day with Yousef falling down numerous times and hurting himself, the construction and workers in a part of our house still causing a huge mess, and just the usual rush of trying to get everything done before I head out.

On my way there, I started thinking, "when was the last time I met with my friends for a girl's night out?" March 27th! Right after my birthday, my husband insisted I do something for myself.

I could not believe it!! These are people I used to see on a daily basis. People I have been friends with since I was 1 year-old. And the strange thing is, during the past 2 months, I didn't feel time go by with me being 100% "only mama".

This is something I used to see my sisters go through and say, "I will never let that happen to me!" I came back so refreshed, had a hundred funny stories to tell my husband, and I actually missed my kids! Seems I have really let myself go since I became a mama, I hope it doesn't get worse with baby number 2!

No comments: