Monday, November 18, 2013

Flavour Of The Day With Noora


When everything I request is answered by "NO"

It has lately begun to feel that all I do with my three-year-old is argue over every aspect. He has obviously learned some new tricks like screaming and yelling dramatically, completely ignoring my instructions and in many cases hitting me.

Everyone is telling me to pick my battles, my friends post links of scream-free parenting styles, and so many others advise me of ignoring his behaviour. But when I have to repeat the same instruction five times just to be ignored in the end, none of the above options is easily applicable.

I feel like he has completely shut me out and when I speak, he is not even listening.

What do you do when almost everything your toddler does is either dangerous, wrong, or disobedient.
What battles do you choose to tackle then?

No comments: