Sunday, June 19, 2011

‘’What do you want to be when you grow up?’’ is probably the most common and serious question children get asked. My answer has always been ‘’A Journalist’’. Actually, probably not. We all had one of those silly ‘’astronaut’’ or ‘’princess’’ type of answers, at first. But ever since I discovered the world of journalism, I knew I wanted to become a journalist. However, up until last week, my experience with journalism was purely theoretical. Then, at last, I joined the “Family Flavours” team as an intern and finally got to experience real, first hand journalism. Now, reporting from the buzzing core of a journalistic organization, I can tell you this: Firstly, it takes much more people, drafts and hard work to produce the monthly copy of “Family Flavours” you see in stores. Secondly, professional journalism requires a lot of investigating, proofreading and fact checking to ensure absolute authenticity and excellent quality.

No comments: