Friday, August 26, 2011

Flavour Of The Day With Noora


There is not much you can do to entertain a ten-month-old baby. After watching cartoons, playing with toys, taking an hour-long bubble bath, plus nap time, I run out of ideas of what I can do next. By the time it is 5pm, both my baby and I start feeling a bit restless.


Recently however, I have started to go out for a walk, and it has been a blessing. I strap my baby into his stroller and head out for a sometimes relaxed, sometimes intense walk around the neighborhood.


I was surprised to see the number of people out in the street! Some are walking with their baby, just like me. Others are in great shape, and are jogging to make sure they stay that way! While many more are just strolling to the supermarket to grab a snack.


It is refreshing to see all those people out and about; and since the weather is lovely these days, both my baby and I are greatly energized afterwards. I have to admit, it has also added a nice sense of familiarity to see the same faces everyday. I am saying hello to people I would have never recognized if it weren’t for my daily walk.


Today, my mama’s advice is this: the next time you feel bored, restless, or just want to get your kids away from the TV or video games, don’t take them to the mall or any other indoor play area. Go out for a walk in your neighborhood and get some fresh air. Trust me, it will really go a long way in helping you connect with your kids and feeling great about yourself.


No comments: