Monday, March 26, 2012

Flavour of the Day with Noora


Mama x 28

I decided to count how many times a day Yousef calls "mama". We woke up at 8:30am and by the time it was 10:30, the count reached 29 times and I am sure I missed a few.

Six months pregnant, zero help and two kids, makes 29 times in 2 hours a bit too much for me to handle. As a result, I let him eat cookies (lots of them), watch an episode of his favourite show twice in a row and I hate to admit this, but I even let him tear apart a shopping catalogue, all to keep him distracted.

I thought I would be the kind of mother who would read a lot to my baby, spend a lot of one on one time playing with him like I used to do with my nieces and nephews and definitely have a lot more patience.

I don't know if this is the pregnancy talking but I often I find myself just trying to get through the day and so looking forward to 9pm when I can put him to sleep and just chill out alone. I feel guilty though, like I am not giving him the attention he deserves. And the strange thing is that it doesn't seem to affect his love or attachment to me, 29 times in 2 hours is quite impressive! God give all mamas the strength to finally see their children all grown up, I wish I can fast forward our lives to 10 years from now. I'm sure I will be on a vacation somewhere alone with my husband!

No comments: