Monday, October 15, 2012

Flavour Of The Day With Noora

My Husband Is My Boss

My husband recently started a project with some partners. It's a snooker lounge where you can go enjoy a game of snooker, pool, darts and nibble on some snacks.

Since I used to work in marketing, he assigned me to follow up on the day to day marketing tasks for his lounge; he is my boss! Nael and I have completely different tastes. For example, if I see a logo I really like, he hates it. If I think something is delicious, it usually means he doesn't. The only thing we have in common is the way we operate; we are both perfectionists.

When we were getting our house ready we argued a lot. Looking back at it now, it really was funny. In the end, the only thing we could do to save our minds was that we divided the house into sections. I got to decorate my sections whichever way I wanted without him interfering and he got to do the same. Until now, there is unspoken competition to see who gets better comments when we have friends visiting!

I heard that working together professionally usually affects a couple's relationship. I wonder what will be the case with us...

3 comments:

Nael Halawa said...

I just want to let you know that you are the best person I've ever worked with! :)

Remember though that this is not the house, where you are the boss! This is work and I am the boss now! Allah Yustor :)

Reem said...

lol... cute, good luck to you both guys

Noora said...

LOL, it's obvious we will need it :)