Monday, September 23, 2013

A Hilarious Quote

I found a really funny quote today by Anthelme Brillat-Savarin: "The discovery of a new dish does more for human happiness than the discovery of a new star". At first you laugh but when you think of it, it is very true. I remember when I was young, I told my father I wanted to be an astronaut (like most kids do), I can't remember his exact words, but they weren't very encouraging! Thinking back, I don't think me or any of my friends, were ever encouraged to explore the world, do good for our planet, research animals and other planet-related subjects. It might have been a cultural thing, but it is a sad reality if you think of it. I'm buying new books for my kids tomorrow!!

1 comment:

Reem said...

It is a culture thing,most parents"if not all" in our parents generation beloved that their main role is to ground their kids imean teach them to grow up and be realistic like think in terms,of getting a steady job and raise a family than be dreamers, comes from their focus on how hard life is and how their kids should focus on concurring life's hardships rather than chase kites... To be fair my parents were different. Even though they r both doctors they let me pursue my life long dream to be an artist, my dad said "I'd rather have an extra ordinary artist than an ordinary doctor,because when u do what u love u must excel in it" and he was right :)
http://omouma.blogspot.com