Thursday, February 13, 2014

Flavour Of The Day With Noora

Only One Child At A Time


Do you ever feel guilty about not spending enough time with your youngest child? I have recently realized that all my time and effort are directed at my son Yousef, with little attention directed at my younger daughter.

The activities, play dates, quality time, and even the shopping for toys and clothing, are more directed at him.

I don't think that any mama loves one child more than the other, it' s just that when you have two babies that are close in age, you barely have enough time for one, so you might focus on the eldest feeling that he will understand and appreciate the efforts more.

Is that fair though
? Surely not, but how can I change it? Every time we sit to color, read, eat, watch TV or even go to the park, it's such a struggle juggling the both of them that I always end up choosing. And since my son is harder to deal with than her, I stick with him and she goes off to whoever is with us with no complaints or problems.

Will this thing stay this way forever? For both our sakes I hope not, but for now, how can I make things right?




No comments: