Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Flavour of the Day With Noora

Disconnecting

While I always blame my husband for being too occupied with his phone, it slapped me right in the face the other day when I realized I am exactly the same when it comes to my kids, I am usually too occupied with my phone.
When we sit down to do some art, I am right there at the table with them, but in most cases flipping from one social media platform to another. Same goes for when we are watching TV, when I attend my son's football practice and the list just goes on and on!

I was so disappointed with myself when I realized that in that specific conversation, my 3 year-old had better communication skills than me, he was waiting for eye contact while I just answered with my head buried in the phone!

Technology has truly taken over!!  How does it make sense that I try to limit my kids' TV and tablet time, to encourage interaction when I myself am a bad role model!

The next time  you are with your kids, notice your tendency to grab your phone or tablet, you will be surprised!

Share your thoughts!

No comments: