Saturday, December 3, 2011

Flavour of the Day with Noora

Our Advancement as a Nation,
The Cup of Coffee Crisis


You will not believe what I am about to write. I'm telling you, ever since I started writing this blog, the strangest things started happening to me. I guess it's fate's way of giving me exciting content!

So, I was at a coffee shop ordering a frappuccino to-go, when a man came and stood behind me in line. After he heard my order, he asked the saleswoman if she can serve him first since his coffee shot "is ready to serve" while my order "needs preparation". He then turned to me and gave me the same reasoning.

Even though I was in a hurry and left my husband and baby in the car, I said "of course". The saleswoman however, declined his request explaining that it is on a first-come first-serve basis and that he should "kindly wait a few minutes."

Impressed, I grinned and looked away. Suddenly, the man started yelling at her saying: "this is exactly why we will never intellectually advance as a nation and that he will surely escalate it to the manager if she doesn't comply!"

Can you believe this guy, our intellectual advancement as a nation is being held back by a saleswoman who chose to respect the rules and serve me first. It is not however being held back by people who have no respect for the concept of queuing; and over what, a cup of coffee!

The man kept on ranting and started to get louder. Finally, another salesperson came to the rescue and prepared his drink.

But, what happened next was even worse. This "intellectually advanced person" took his drink, sat on a table, opened his book and started reading. He was not in a hurry, he just wanted to be first!

Can you believe this guy!

2 comments:

taghreed said...

amazing story it happened to me once when i was driving and the road was one way and he was driving in the wrong direction and he asked me to go back so he can pass...I refuseed to do so cause i thought it would encourage others to do the same and he said yelling that we will never be a civilzed nation !!!! mmm interesting in this country the wrong is right and the right is wrong !!!

Noora said...

Seems so :)