Monday, June 18, 2012

Flavour Of The Day With Noora

I don't know if it is the hormones, my relief for not being pregnant anymore or just my maternal emotions kicking in, but I have been so crazy about my baby boy Yousef (19 months). I had Mona 9 days ago and ever since, I have been hugging, cuddling, and spoiling him.

I realised the other day that I got pregnant when he was only 10-months-old. With the morning sickness, house work and all the other responsibilities, I never gave him the real attention he wanted, even though he was always with me. I never had the patience or the time to play with him or just sit and have quality time without being too tired or too moody.

Just 9 days after having a new baby, I am going out of my way, trying to make up for the past 9 months. I can't help but question what kind of a mama I really am. I used to feel like I am a terrible mama because I was not as emotionally attached to my baby as other mothers are to theirs. I felt terrible for being so snappy with him all the time but couldn't help but feel exhausted .

For the first time since becoming a mama, I am finally comfortable and happy to be wearing my mama hat all the time.

No comments: