Sunday, December 9, 2012

Flavour Of The Day With Noora

Sometimes, I wonder if I am doing anything right. Mona ( 6 months) has a terrible cold; runny nose, sneezing, fever, coughing, the whole deal. Since the morning, I could barely give her the attention she needed. 
I took her brother to nursery, rushed through a non-rescheduable meeting, picked up her older sister (who is also home sick), picked Yousef from preschool, came home, ordered lunch, fed kids, put Yousef to sleep, did homework with Layla for two hours and then finally held Mona. It tore my heart that I wasn't her sole caregiver when she needed me most!

In the evening, all she wanted was to sleep in my arms, which of course drove Yousef crazy with jealousy. He woke her up every time she fell asleep. Determined to care for her, I ignored his tantrum, and focused just on her. 

I wonder if I should have cancelled the meeting regardless of consequences, delayed the homework for the next day even if it meant it will pile up, if I should have held Yousef instead of her, if I was doing anything right!

Is the lack of time for the youngest a given when there are two older kids who need you just as much? Will it ever get better or will she always be in the sidelines?

No comments: