Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Flavour of the Day With Noora

If just one thing changes in Yousef's routine, it messes up our entire day. The delayed lunch that caused  the delayed nap is the reason why my 2-year-old is still awake at 11:30pm!

I'm so exhausted, way behind my deadlines for work, dreading the long night I have ahead of me with my baby girl and just want to snuggle with a hot water bottle and fall asleep in front of the TV.

I got Yousef so used to a specific routine and explained it to him over and over again that now, he has to have it exactly the same way everyday or else he gets very fussy. Yesterday I had an urgent matter to attend to while he was with me in the car and it happened to be his nap time. The one thing he kept on requesting was a nap in his bed, not in the car, with his pillow and blanket. I always thought that a routine is crucial for kids but it seems that in Yousef's case, we took it a bit too far. I think I need to introduce a bit of chaos to our lives.


No comments: