Thursday, January 31, 2013

Flavour of the Day with Noora

So, Yousef's "phase of acting out" just got worse! Today, in the middle of a "time-out" he yelled at me and said:" you go to time-out and I will tell you how long you have to stay!"My reaction was to stay cool, carry him without saying a single word, and putting him back in the spot, completely ignoring his kicking and screaming.

I have to admit though, in that moment and for a while after, my heart sank and I felt so sad. I had been loving his age of adorable funny phrases that he puts together, the innocent questions that come with everything we do, the voluntary hugs and kisses a million times a day, and the look on his face that said I never, ever want to make you mad. Now, he wants to punish me for punishing him!

He is only TWO. 

No comments: