Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Flavour of the Day with Noora

Feeling the Love

As a mama, there is nothing more comforting than the thought of my children being so close to each other when they grow up. I come from a family of 8 brothers and sisters, each has a sibling he is closest to but we are all a group, we watch out for each other, and no matter how scattered around the world we are, we are always there for one another.

When I think of it, this bond was created by my dad. When we were younger he taught us that family is the most important thing. "When one of you starts to lean over, the other should lend a shoulder and be the wall that holds him/her high." As a child and later a teen, I never got what he meant, I hated the fact the the first day of the weekend was ONLY a family day, no exceptions. I hated how when one of us had a problem, we had to all sit down and discuss it together. However, now that we are all grown up and leading separate lives, the connection we have could not have been achieved any other way.

As a parent, I want that for my kids; I want them to be close, I want them to be best friends, I want them to depend on each other. More than anything, I think the best gift we can give our children, is someone to lean on. 

1 comment:

Amal said...

My kids are all grown up now with my eldest going to university next year. I never thought that her sister and brother were so attached to their big sister. She left a couple of days ago on the senior trip to Frace and all they could talk about is how different things are without her around and how much they miss her.
This makes me so proud and I'm sure that our persistance as parents on making sure they look out for each other made all the difference in the worl.