Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Flavour of the Day with Noora

Life Purpose

My life coach asked me to think of my "life purpose". After taking me through a number of exercises and steps, the question came: "what is your life purpose?" And I have to say, I could not answer. I did not, and still do not, know what my life purpose is. What kind of impact do I want to have on the world and the people around me?

According to her, it can take up to several months to figure it out however, this is what I found to be extremely ironic! Every day, I plan my day to the smallest detail. I pay so much attention to my kids, I kill myself at the gym, I work freelance jobs to stay in the job market, I stay in touch with friends, I try to find a person to help, I read the news, I educate myself, I do everything that would make me and anyone looking at me from the outside feel like I know exactly what I want. And then, when the 4-word- question came up, I could not answer.

As a mama, I am advising you to try to answer this question because I think that there is no better inspiration for your kids than that of seeing their mama go after her
purpose. 

No comments: