Saturday, March 15, 2014

Flavour Of The Day With Noora

An Objective Lens

In a book I am reading, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People,  Stephen Covey talks about our views and acceptance of our children, which in many cases prohibits our children from being all they can be.

Reflecting on this notion for the past two days, I have started to wonder, how many of us, truly accept our children for who they are. How many of us are satisfied with our children's achievements? How many of us tell our children that they are perfect just the way they are? And how many of us don't push our children to be "more of" something?

Acceptance, is by far, one of the hardest things to practice. It goes against our human instincts, I think, of always wanting "more" or "different". And with our innate desire to want the best for our children, it is easy to get lost in the practice and lose sight of what is in their best interest.

So I have put this challenge upon myself, I want to really get to know my children for what they are, and accept what I know is their best

No comments: