Monday, October 24, 2011

Flavour of The Day With Noora


6:00 am

Ever since Yousef was 7 months old, he stopped waking up in the middle of the night for milk.

While many people were giving me advice on how I can wean him from his midnight feedings, I just waited for him to stop on his own, and he did.

He used to have his last bottle at 8pm and have his morning bottle at 8am, it was so comfortable for the both of us.

Lately however, he has been waking up at 6am again for milk. I don’t know if this means that he is not getting enough food during the day which is making him wake up hungry or if it is just a new habit. And the worst part is that he wakes up full of energy and ready to start his day.


I tried to delay his bedtime for an hour to make him sleep in later in the morning. It didn’t work, he is still waking up at 6 and is becoming very cranky for the rest of the day.

How can I get him back on track? I really don’t want to go back to midnight feedings!

1 comment:

Amal said...

Hi Noora,
As you probably know by now, babies tend to do things their way and there's not much you can do to change new habbits and patterns. The worst part of motherhood, in my opinion, is the sleepless nights.It drains you of all your energy and you're expected to function normally the next day.
That said, you need to try to take contol of things,as hard as that may be. Try to rock him back to sleep without giving him a bottle because then it will be too difficult to stop giving him milk at that time everyday.
Hope this helps :)