Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Flavour Of The Day With Noora

Am I "Ruining" My Child?

How much of what we do, or don't do, really affects the upbringing and future of our children?

Nowadays, all you hear are warnings of doing this and that, stuff we grew up doing. You hear comments like: "will create insecurities, will affect his self-esteem, and will kill imagination and creativity," but is all that really true or are we just spoiling and sheltering our children too much?

I see mamas who never yell or punish, others who never use the word no but would rather "convince", and others who let their child make his own decisions, no matter how young, to "build his character". To these mamas, I must seem like an old fashioned dictator.

Yousef has been going to nursery for the past 3 days and it has not been easy. While I am positive this is normal for every child, some people are telling me I might have rushed him as he is too young and just had a new sister two weeks ago. Others are telling me it is good for him since he is mostly bored and fussy at home. I have no idea what is right or wrong!

If he is not ready, am I really scarring him?!

No comments: