Saturday, March 23, 2013

Flavour of the Day with Noora

When the mama is sick

I sometimes feel like the whole house is dependent on my mere existence! I have come down with a terrible flu and since my kids are still very young and would be infected badly by it, I attempted to isolate myself. Boy did that plan fail! Every time I got in bed, Yousef (2) would cry that he wants to sleep next to me, I turn to the other side, he jumps on top of me. When Mona (9 months) saw me, she too cried, crawled and grabbed my pants until I carried her.

I remember a while back there was  TV commercial for a pain killer that showed how much the house collapses when the mama is sick; before becoming a mama I remember saying that that commercial was over exaggerating. Now, I think the marketers really did their job in understanding the market.

It is like my kids forgot how to play on their own, Yousef forgot how to feed himself, TV was suddenly not so desirable, even a lollipop did not do a good job in distracting him.

I am sure every mama knows exactly what I am talking about when I say I hate getting sick because life with kids cannot wait for me to get better :) 

No comments: