Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Flavour of The Day With Noora


A Happy Marriage

Many people I know are getting divorced. Couples who had been dating for years before they got married, men and women who I personally know are very kind, understanding and decedent people, are deciding that divorce is a better option.


Before you get married, you assume that love is the most important thing; love and only love can make things work. However, you soon find out that life, really can get in the way of love.


From my personal experience, I find that kids are the number one thing that can distract a couple from each other. When my son was first born, it took my husband and me months to get our relationship back on track.



Of course, I am not saying that loving or caring for your children is not important, on the contrary, I am obsessed with caring for my son. However, I am just saying that spending a few hours away from your children to work on your marriage is as important.


There is no recipe for a happy marriage and what works for one couple might never work for another. Yet, there are a few things that can get you on the right track. Be understanding, give your partner space to make mistakes, and let your partner be himself just like you want him to let you be yourself.


I read a book on this topic called “Don’t Sweat The Small Stuff In Love” by Richard Carlson. I found everything in it to be so true. I reread it over and over again every time I become anxious or get caught up in a swirl of my own negative thoughts.


For me, there is nothing more important than a happy marriage because in it is where I raise myself and more importantly, my children. Invest in making sure that you and your partner are on the right track and you will be teaching your children one of the most important lessons they will ever learn: how to truly love and care for their own families.

No comments: