Sunday, October 9, 2011

Flavour of The Day With Noora


Something Is Bothering Me


The house-work is killing me! Writing this blog post at 10:30pm is the first thing I have done for myself all day.


When has Amman become such a dusty city? I wipe the table, turn my back and it’s dirty again! On the other hand, there are the piles and piles of laundry that need to be washed, dried, ironed, and neatly returned to where they belong. The dishes that need to be cleaned and the bottles that need to be sterilized. On top of it all, there is my 11-moth-old baby who seems to want to follow me everywhere I go, and I mean everywhere!


I don’t remember ever being this tidy before I got married. In fact, I remember my mum threatening to throw all my clothes away if I do not remove them off the floor. Whenever I lost something, I knew exactly where it was, behind the bed. Life was simple.


Lately, I have been feeling very down. It’s not just the pressures of the house and my son, I really miss theme time” I used to have. I miss getting my hair and nails done, I miss having uninterrupted hot meals, I miss watching TV and I miss going out of the house, worry-free. More than anything, I miss going to the gym.


Everyone keeps on telling me that I should take a break every now and then, but I do not have many options when it comes to finding someone to watch my baby. I just feel stuck and it is really getting to me. Help!

1 comment:

Amal said...

Believe me I know what you're saying.
I work as a part time educator and full time mom and wife. In all that you tend to loose yourself. Me doesn't exist anymore. But hang in there,when you hit rock bottom, THERE'S NO WHERE ELSE TO GO BUT UP.
Try, try, try to find some time for yourself. Even if it's taking a hot shower for 15 min while your baby is sleeping. No one will volunteer to give you that time so you have to give it to yourself.
Best wishes from an exhausted to mom to another.