Sunday, October 30, 2011

Flavour Of The Day With Noora

Disconnected

I am facing internet connectivity problems at home, out of the blue, we suddenly didn't have internet. The worst part is that it happened over the weekend and I couldn't call anyone to fix it.

The first few hours were fine. Then however, I needed to get a number from the internet. I also remembered that I promised my friend that I will send her pictures of Yousef and most importantly, it was time for my blog post!

I never realised how dependent I am on the internet, so is my entire family. Without internet, none of us got distracted on the computer, iPad, or spent hours watching videos on YouTube.

I once watched a TV talk show where the entire family was suffering from massive arguments, poor communication and a lack of bonding. The host recommended that they disconnect from all mobiles, phones, computers and especially the internet. The family came back to the show saying that they finally spoke with each other for the first time in years.

I can now see what they meant.

Since I need the internet for work however, I ended up buying an internet plan for my phone so I can write this post.

Try disconnecting from all technology for a while, it actually is a relief.



No comments: