Friday, July 27, 2012

Flavour of The Day with Noora


Sleep Routine

I wonder if it is too early to create a specific bedtime for my 7-week-old baby. She is going to sleep every night around 1:30-2am and wakes up at 7:30am with a couple of feedings in between.

Some mamas have told me that she is still too young, others have told me that it is possible. I have tried the last few nights to put her in crib at 12am, dim the lights and try to get her to sleep in the hopes that if I repeat this routine often, she will eventually start to get sleepy around this time every night. I have no idea if it is working or if I am just torturing her and myself with her continuous crying.

With my 19-month-old baby also waking up at 7:30am, I need every second of sleep I can get.

Any ideas?

1 comment:

Nadia said...

I read somewhere that certain hormones that regulate sleep and specifically nighttime sleeping are produced by the body after 3 months of age. I think you should wait until then to regulate her sleep, exhausting as it is :)