Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Flavour Of The Day With Noora

When Our Children Are Not Ready

Today, I dropped my son off at a play date where he was invited alone, no mama to tag along. While he cried at the beginning, he ended up really enjoying himself, came running to me laughing and holding hands with his friend at the time of pick up.

Thirty minutes later however, he cried and cried. Asked me to never drop him off alone and gave me a dose of fussiness like no other.

We sometimes underestimate the things that so greatly affect our children. We put our children through situations that as adults, we believe are totally normal, completely ignoring their perspectives.

I hated myself for it, I hated that I made him feel left behind thinking that he would forget about it and have fun. Why are we always rushing to push our children into things when the signs say they might not ready for it?

No comments: