Friday, December 13, 2013

Flavour Of The Day With Noora

Our Most Important Value Yet...

Whoever said that each child (even though they are siblings with the same parents who have grown up with each other all their lives) is different, was not kidding.

My 3 year-old son might disagree or obey, but never questions my authority. He never takes risks, always goes for the safest option, and likes to play by the rules.

My 1.5 year old daughter is a wild and crazy creature, always goes for the dangerous scenario, is not afraid of getting hurt, and could't care less about what I tell her.

People are always telling me that my daughter will not struggle in her life and will probably be happier than my son in the difficult and sometimes cruel life we live in. I felt very distraught for my son. Then one day, I came across a quote that took all that away:

"It's not our job to toughen our children up to face a cruel and heartless world. It's our job to raise children who will make the world a little less cruel and heartless." - L.R Knost

Empathy, in my opinion, is one of the most important values you can teach your child.

No comments: