Monday, July 9, 2012

Flavour Of The Day With Noora


Life With A Colicky New Born

Today, my baby girl Mona turned one-month-old. Life with this little bundle of chubby cheeks and loud voice has been very different from how it was a month ago. Although I already have two kids, Layla (8) and Yousef (18 months), Mona has transformed us into a holistic family of 5.

Every night between the hours of 8-11, she cries frantically while I just sit there and listen, unable to comfort her in any way. It is safe to say that she is a colicky baby unfortunately. I went through this with Yousef and it was extremely difficult. This time around, at least I know what to expect and don't panic as much. However, as anyone with a colicky child knows, it is enough to make you lose your sanity. I tune out her crying for about an hour and then I snap and mostly end up crying from frustration. She is really loud!


With Yousef, it lasted 4 months, I hope this time it ends sooner. Baby Mona, please grow up quickly!





No comments: