Sunday, July 22, 2012

Flavour Of The Day With Noora


Sweet Holiday

I just got back from a 5-day trip to London, one of my favourite places in the world. After a lot of convincing from my family members, I finally got the courage to leave my two kids and travel for some one-on-one time with my husband.

I have to admit I didn't think I will have the courage to leave and enjoy my time. The first two days were hard, I cried every time I thought of my babies and felt like the worst mama in the world when I saw parents with their kids. I would tell myself, "I'm so mean to leave them behind, all these parents have their kids with them and they seem to be enjoying their time."

After the third day, I realised that this opportunity will not reappear for another few years at least so I might as well enjoy it, and like magic, I enjoyed every second.

My advice to all mamas is this: "no matter how hard it seems to take time off, it is a must! There really is nothing like it, and surprisingly, your kids will be fine, no matter how attached they are to you."

No comments: