Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Flavour of the Day with Noora

Bouncing from Diet to Diet

Like so many mamas who suffer with pregnancy weight, I became obsessed with shedding those kilos, I didn't care how hard it would be as long as it happened and it happened fast. 

If I am going to be honest, I have to say that I have been on a diet for the past year. I diet, then binge eat, then diet again. And the one thing I kept telling myself is: "I want to look like one of those mamas who looks like her body never had to endure pregnancy."

Lately however, and after losing more weight than I should have, I started to become very very tired. No energy, no tolerance, and zero strength. By the time it's 3 pm, I just want to call it a day.

Finally, I decided to do something about it. My blood tests showed that I am extremely unhealthy. Ding, ding, ding, " something can happen to me and then where will my kids be?!" I'm always nagging at my husband to become healthier, work less, sleep more, eat better and I always tell him: " what will our kids do if you suddenly collapse?!"  And turns out, I was doing the same. I was slowly but surely destroying my body with crazy dieting business! And what's worse, I realized that our kids will probably take our habits, how scary is that?!? I would hate to raise a daughter with self-image issues or a son who doesn't care about the quality of his food. As if processed, canned, coloured, hormone-treated foods we have these days are not enough, I was actually teaching my children to pay even less respect to their bodies. 

It's time for a change, a real one!

No comments: