Sunday, May 27, 2012

Flavour of The Day with Noora


A Vegetarian Baby

All Yousef is accepting to eat are fruits and veggies. I have to hide from him when I open the fridge because he starts crying for an apple or tomato. In normal conditions, it would be great to have a baby who loves healthy snacks. But, what is worrying me is that apples and tomatoes are all he eats all day.

If I am lucky (which is very rare), he will have scrambled eggs for breakfast OR dinner and a maximum of 3-4 table spoons of whatever I cook for lunch and that is it. This has been going on for more than a month now and it's so frustrating!

His paediatrician is telling me that it is not a big deal and that he will grow out of it but I can't help but worry.

Has anyone gone through this with their baby? Help!

1 comment:

Samah said...

Hi Noora this is very normal, this age they start moving and exploring they don't want to sit and eat. You r right, you are lucky he likes veggies and fruits better than sweets. I am sure this will pass, kids are amazing with all the phases they go through! Worrying us all the way :)