Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Flavour of the Day with Noora

Itching, Itching, and More Itching!

I have developed one of the most annoying side effects of pregnancy, an uncontrollable need to itch my ears, eyes and neck!

I am willing to trade this for morning sickness again. As it turns out, some women start to itch their arms, legs, backs or bellies during the second and third trimesters. Me, I got it on my ears and face. All day and all night I am on fire, and the worst part is, there is nothing I can do about it. My doctor prescribed an antihistamine ointment that is supposed to relieve some of the itching but mostly, it stays until the delivery or in some cases, even after for a few months.

It is very embarrassing when I am in public as I can control it for a while but then lose control. The expression on people's faces is always the same, SHOCK!

The things a mama puts up with for her kids are never ending, are they?! When God promised us heaven, it was well deserved.

No comments: