Friday, December 28, 2012

Flavour Of The Day With Noora

As the new year approaches, I can't help but reflect on last year.

Me and two of my friends had babies while another sadly lost her husband; another graduated with distinction from her MBA programme. Yousef went to preschool, my husband ventured into a new business, my nephew went to university and I started taking life coaching sessions.

So many random and unrelated events made up our world for 2012. It was up, then down then up again. I set resolutions last year which I am worried to go over now; I'm pretty sure I only scored one or two.

I love to plan, I live by my little book of colour coded events, post-it notes, deadlines and appointments taken months in advance. Yet, it is so easy to plan the meetings, doctor visits, trainer sessions, diet plans and so forth. But when it comes to the things that count, the stuff that really make a difference, life is so unpredictable, it is scary. One minute you are home safe, the next you are not. One minute you are laughing, the next you are in shock.

Whatever this year brings, I just pray for peace of mind for all. There is nothing like peace of mind! 

No comments: