Saturday, December 29, 2012

Flavour Of The Day With Noora

I look at my nieces and nephews who are 17, 15, and 13 years-old and I think to myself, I cannot wait until my kids are all grown up. On the other hand, as one of them will be soon leaving to university, their mother is saying how much she misses when they were young and how fast time has passed by.

When I think of the amount of time I spend everyday with Yousef who is still just 2, I wonder how strange it must be for my parents to see me a few times a week after being used to caring for me 24/7 for 18 years straight. It must have been so hard for them when I insisted on leaving home to study abroad. Now, I get it. Now, I get why my father parked underneath my dorm and cried the first night I was not at home. Now, I get why my parents keep remembering stories of my childhood.

Nothing in the world can prepare you for what it is really like to have children, and I am sure nothing can prepare you for how it will feel when it is time for them to leave the nest.

No comments: