Sunday, March 8, 2015




Are YOU On Your Priority List?
Like so many working mothers, I’m juggling a dozen tasks at once. I couldn’t function without my To-Do List but hardly ever see myself on it. I seem to make time for everyone else but me!

And I know I’m not alone – while at an International Women’s Day event organised by Solace Skin Care Center and Al Marji’ Publications, the working mothers around me expressed the same sentiments. Yet it doesn’t seem to be a conversation I see working fathers having or struggling with.

Samar Aboura, owner of Solace Skin Care Center, stressed “how important it is for a woman to make time for herself.” 

“We know how hard a woman works and how important her mental and physical well-being is for the health and happiness of her family,” said Hind-Lara Mango, Publisher & Managing Director of Al Marji’ Publications. She added, “This is why we thought of celebrating her here, where we know she will receive the attention and pampering she so deserves.”

So as we celebrate International Women's Day, let's not feel guilty about carving out "me time" to take better care of ourselves. With the newfound energy we'll get, everyone benefits! 

The Solace Skin Care Center Team

1 comment:

Sonia Salfity said...

The secret to balancing work and home and all the other duties we women have definitely lies in carving out some 'Me Time' I have learned to embrace it and to guard it making sure that I get some kind of daily 'Me Time', even if it's just for half an hour. That is the only way I can maintain physical, mental and spiritual health as I make time to exercise as well as adding quiet time spent in meditation and reading my daily devotional and my bible. Taking this quality time is essential to investing in our overall health and it is definitely an investment well spent as it benefits the entire family. A happy mom means a happy family!