Saturday, March 21, 2015

Mother's Day Special Series - Guest Posts


Rumi once said, 
“We are born of love; 
Love is our mother.” 
I would add, 
“We are born of mother; 
Mother is our love.”

Jauad El Kharraz with his mother Amina Kharchafi, mother of five. Jauad, who’s originally from Morocco, lives in France and is Information and Projects Manager at Euro-Mediterranean Water Information System (EMWIS) and General Secretary of Arab World Association of Young Scientists

My mother was and still is very generous with me and with everybody, very patient even in very difficult times, very caring with me and my brothers and sisters. I remember my childhood, when my father was working far from our hometown, when resources were scarce, she would still manage to do her best to be a gracious hostess. She would give me money to buy sweets and things while she prepared Moroccan green tea and coffee so our guest can have a choice. She passed on these qualities to her sons and daughters, and I feel like the luckiest person in the world for having such a mother.

My mother taught me some valuable lessons that continue to influence me and how I live my life:

  • Without effort and patience, nothing can be achieved
  • Never be arrogant; be modest and humble 
  • Be loving and kind to everybody 
Obviously, each person in the world considers his or her mother a special person. For me, she is the most special person because she raised me, my brothers and sisters often in difficult times (socially and economically), suffering in silence and generous with no conditions. She never complained, despite her sickness and all the problems she faced, while we nowadays complain for whatever small reason. She has a patience of steel. All that and more make her a very special person. May God bless her and give her good health and happiness.

Thank you, mama, for your unconditional love, for your generosity, for your prayers and for everything.

Rumi once said,
“We are born of love; 

Love is our mother.”
I would add, 

“We are born of mother; 
Mother is our love.”

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot dear Laura for giving me the chance to thank my lovely mother through your very nice blog. May God bless all mothers in the world

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot dear Laura for giving me the chance to thank my lovely mother through your very nice blog. May God bless all mothers in the world