Saturday, March 21, 2015



Mother's Day Special Series - Guest Posts


"Thanks to my mother, I learned to be self-reliant and resilient. She always supported me and never said 'no' to any idea I had for my professional growth, no matter how crazy or risky." 


Marie-Christine Mougin with her grandchildren Hiba (far left), Sijal, Mira (far right) and Adiba (middle)



Hind-Lara Mango is Publisher &
Managing Director of Al Marji' Publications

Thanks to my mother, I learned to be self-reliant and resilient. She always supported me and never said "no" to any idea I had for my professional growth, no matter how crazy or risky. 

She took care of my children when I had to travel and sometimes she travelled with me when I was breastfeeding so that she could take care of the babies while I attended workshops. She took care of my babies in the afternoons and until late at night when we both came back from teaching all day and I started my second job (radio and newspaper). She used to be my proofreader after I typed my articles on my electronic typewriter and she used to share her opinion about the articles I wrote. 

As a parent, I try to expose our children to as much cultural diversity because she raised me in a bi-cultural environment. I try to raise tolerant children who do not see colour, race or gender. This is how she raised me. 

I try to raise children who believe in God but who do not impose their beliefs on others and who respect all religions. This is a value she instilled in us and which I have found to be very important growing up and as I mature. 

I always tried to plan my children's birthdays and to make them as special as she made mine. I try to develop their taste in art, music and fashion as she did with me from an early age.

No comments: