Saturday, March 21, 2015

Mother's Day Special Series - Guest Posts


"She taught me to look for solutions to my problems, not find problems in my solutions! Complaining gets you nowhere."

Jumana, as a child, with her mother Hala

When I was a teenager, I would look at my mother and dream and hope to be like her one day. From the way she looked and dressed to the way she handled everything at home and out. She really is a super mama.

One thing I can tell you about my mother is that she is a positive person, positive in every sense of the word. She taught me to always look for the bright side in things and that everything happens for a reason. She taught me to stay away from negativity and negative people. And to look for solutions to my problems, not find problems in my solutions!

She taught me that complaining too much for the sake of complaining gets you nowhere; it just adds to your stress and stresses the ones around you more. So just focus on yourself and try your best to solve whatever it is that is causing you trouble.

Thanks to my mother and father, I am the person I am today.

Jumana Sabella (right), teacher and mother of three, with her mother Hala Khoury, fitness trainer and mother of three

No comments: