Thursday, January 26, 2012

Flavour of the Day with Noora


Home Sweet Home

I can't wait to go back home. My trip to Riyadh, which was supposed to last a maximum of 10 days, turned into a three-week long vacation.

First, Yousef got a chest infection that needed monitoring and then I got a sinus infection that forced me into bed for 4 days. It was not a pretty sight; I had to delay my flight three times.

I miss my husband and my step daughter, I miss my house, my office, my room and my car!

Although Riyadh has always been and will always be my home and the dearest place to my heart, things have changed after I got married and had kids. People that matter most, do not live in Riyadh and the life that I have chosen and created with my husband was not in Riyadh. Suddenly, it was no longer my only home.

So, it is Amman sweet Amman tonight (hopefully). I guess I am lucky to have so many places that I can call home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really nice, (except about the part you and Yousef being sick!) I know many women that find it very difficult and can't adjust to their new life wherever their husbands' settle. Happy that you're coming back home to your loved ones :)

Samah said...

Welcome home Noora and 7amdalla 3la salmtkum both . I remember when I got married and before I even got babies, when my husband used to travel and my parents would ask me to come sleep over, I remember how weird it was to feel that this place, which I lived almost all my growing up years, is no longer home !

Noora said...

Thank you both for your kind words :)