Sunday, August 12, 2012

Flavour of The Day with Noora

Oh Baby!

Here I am at 4:50am writing this post and waiting for my baby to fall asleep.

Today was the first day Mona (2 months) wore a cast for her hip condition. It appears that she has a problem with her hip joint that requires treatment for 2 months. " The device", as the doctor called it, holds her hip in a certain angle forcing it to grow in the right position. " It will not hurt her" he kept on assuring my racing mind.

It's funny how us mamas go to protective mode when we feel our child is in pain. While she had been crying a lot the past weeks because she is colicky, today her "usual crying", in my mind, was all because of this device. "She must be in pain, I'm sure it's hurting her, I tried it when I wore a cast for my knee and it killed me, how does he know it's not painful?"

A million skeptical questions all fuelled with motherly instincts went over and over again in my head like a broken record. All bothersome, none soothing.

So, one day down, 59 more days to go. I would do anything to trade this crying for the colicky one that was annoying me earlier!

I'm just glad it's a treatable condition, god is merciful.

No comments: