Sunday, August 26, 2012

Flavour of The Day with Noora


Please Mama, Ta!

My husband, who already had a daughter when I met him, told me something which at the time, I thought was extreme parenting.

"You will see that when you become a mama, you will love what your child loves and hate what your child hates, even if it seems childish and unreasonable."

3 years later, I found myself as attached to the pacifier as my son was. In his dictionary, it is called a "ta". I put so much effort into choosing the shapes and colours, just to see his smile when I gave it to him.

1 year and 8 months old however seemed the perfect age to end the era of the pacifier. "We left it at the toy store," was my excuse. And when he cried, begged and negotiated over what has become his best friend, my heart broke into a million pieces.

It has been five days and the quest for the mighty pacifier is finally subsiding.

As for my 2-month-old Mona, I learned my lesson and her entire fist is making its way as a soother!!

No comments: