Saturday, August 18, 2012

Flavour of The Day with Noora


I'm facing a decision I'm dreading: leaving my 2-month-old baby girl and travelling for 4 days or letting my 21-month-old son travel alone with his father. The whole purpose of this trip is a necessity, renewing my son's residency in Saudi Arabia, where my family lives. Without it, it would be very difficult to take him with me every time I visit.

About a week ago, my baby girl started wearing a cast for a hip condition and has been extremely fussy; taking her on this trip would only make it worse. On the other hand, Yousef has never been away from me and will also find it very difficult. Both situations are tearing me apart.

I feel so torn, while Mona needs me physically (although she will be in very good hands with family here), Yousef would be very aware that I am not there. My husband is accusing me of being too attached to my son, I think, I am behaving like any other mama.

I don't know what is worse, leaving him or her!

2 comments:

Samah said...

I understand the dilemma u r in, it is so hard to choose between ur children and I don't think any mom can tell you who to choose. This s one of the decisions you hate to, but have to, make as a mom!
Both kids will be ok and survive it fine, one will be with his dad, a good chance to have him take full responsibility of him, on the other hand dad's don't usually think of all small details as we do. The daughter will be fine with family but still no one knows her like mommy.
The best advise I can give u is to follow what ur mom intuition says, usually it is the best guide.
Good luck

Noora said...

Thanks Samah