Saturday, April 7, 2012

Flavour of the Day with Noora


Under Control or Total Chaos

It's amazing how motherhood can sometimes make me feel like I have everything under total control one second and that I am just a complete mess the next.

I usually feel so content and very proud of what I achieved when I am done cooking and cleaning, have managed to convince Yousef to take his allergy medication without a struggle, or managed to do anything for my family without feeling so exhausted.

On the other hand, which is most cases, I just feel like I cannot do anything right. Yousef won't take his nap which in turn means I cannot finish my work, I haven't managed to cook and end up ordering take out, or just feel so exhausted by 8pm that I am begging Yousef to go to sleep before I do.

It seems like all mamas feel the same way too. My friend says she feels like she is living with a stop watch ticking over her head. Life has become so crazy and hectic for women, especially working mamas, that they seem to feel like they are in a lose-lose situation. They are not able to perfect either one of their roles, professional or mama-related.

So, what's the solution? Must a working mama always feel that something has to suffer in order to get a little bit of all? It just seems totally unfair to always have to choose either or.

I still haven't managed to find the right balance that will suit my family and I am beginning to wonder if there is such a thing as balance in the first place



No comments: