Friday, April 20, 2012

Flavour of The Day with Noora

A New Baby at Home

In about a month and a half, I will be having my baby girl. Every time it hits me just how fast this pregnancy has moved along, I get a panic attack. To make it worse, my husband seems to enjoy seeing me worry and so throws a "funny" comment every now and then about how hard it will be.

When the baby, yet to be named, comes, Yousef will be about a year and a half old and Layla will be 8. Over the past three years, I went from being a bachelorette to being married with 3 kids, scary stuff!

Anyways, nothing is ready yet. Not the nursery, bed set, PJs or outfits, nothing! But the bigger issue is that I am looking for someone to help. I heard that there are nurses who can come for day or night shifts and I am having mixed feelings about hiring one. I feel guilty that with Yousef I did every single thing for him while with this baby, I'm considering not to. Then again, with Yousef, it was only Yousef. Now, it's Yousef, Layla and the baby. And, even though I like to think of myself as superwoman, I know I am not. Something will have to give.

So, if there are any mamas out there with more than one baby who ended up getting help, I would really appreciate some advice! I'll take anything I can get.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had exactly the same feelings 15 years ago when i was about to have my third baby.. I did everything i could for my first child, I squeezed myself and did as much as i could for the second one, i gave up when i had the third ! i started relying on people to help and learned that it is ok ! kids usually grow happy and more independent when a mother is not all over them.. Quality little time with your child matters the most, with time you'll be able to relax and enjoy motherhood :)

Samah said...

Hi
When I had my second child, which was two years only after my first, it was overwhelming. Trust me there is nothing Wrong with getting good help, it makes you able to take better care of your family.
I myself didn't try nurses, but in my third child I had a good house keeper who helped me in the day so I can better take my night shift. You won't do anyone good when you are sleep deprived :)
Good luck