Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Flavour of The Day With Noora

Testing, Testing


Today, I took Yousef to a "test visit" to the preschool he is supposed to attend in September. His separation anxiety is at an all time high and the school principal and I thought it might be helpful to take him for brief visits every now and then to get him used to the idea and more familiar with the place and faces he will be seeing.

The school was lovely, a music class was in process, the kids were singing and jumping, there was another class pretending to be in the supermarket and the kids were exchanging cereal boxes, weighing fruit and vegetables and everyone, including me was having a great time. Where was Yousef? Glued to my leg, grabbing on to my jeans like his life depended on it, which in his mind, I'm sure was the case! It took him about 20 minutes to feel safe and walk around, as long I was three steps behind.

Anyways, it is clear that getting him to go there in September will not be an easy task. Can anyone share any tips on how I can make him more comfortable with the idea?

No comments: